Why should I travel to Hunza?
Natural beauty has no match and there’s nothing wrong in saying that Pakistan has been gifted with a lot of wonders of nature. Pakistan is counted as one of the most beautiful countries due to the northern areas of Pakistan. Hunza is one of the most beautiful places in Pakistan. The lush green valleys, the crystal clear water of streams and rivers, snow-capped mountains, and the beautiful sky are enough to attract tourists from all around the world. Hunza is a place that every tourist who visits Pakistan should visit to enjoy nature at its best.
In this blog, I will give you a travel guide if you are planning to visit Hunza anytime soon!
Hunza (The Hidden Paradise)
What is an ideal time to travel to the Hidden Paradise?
The best time to visit Hunza is from May to September. This is when the climate is pleasant and the days are long enough. The weather during this time of year is not too hot, nor too cold.
During these months, you can enjoy all that Hunza has to offer you with ease:
- You can take advantage of day tours and sightseeing trips that let you explore different parts of the valley and its surroundings by horseback or jeep.
- You can trek across some of the most picturesque areas and valleys in Pakistan as well as hike up some of its highest peaks for breathtaking views. Both, nature’s beauty as well as man’s accomplishment (you will probably see locals herding cows along seemingly impossible paths).
What are the best tourist attractions in Hunza?
Hunza Valley is located in northern Pakistan and boasts some of the most breathtaking scenery anywhere on Earth. Here are just a few of its most popular attractions:
- Khunjerab Pass – At an elevation of 5,557 meters (18,346 feet), this mountain pass is considered one of northern Pakistan’s highest points and offers panoramic views that take your breath away.
- Passu Cathedral – It is located at 3100 meters (10562 feet). The church was built by British missionaries who wanted to reach out to locals living in remote areas where there wasn’t any formal religious structure available. Before being converted over time into something more closely resembling what they had been used to seeing back home!
- Attabad Lake – It was formed as a result of a massive landslide in Attabad in January 2010. The lake has grown to become one of Gilgit-most Baltistan’s popular tourist destinations, including activities such as boating, jet skiing, fishing, and other recreational activities. Looking at the clear blue colors of this beautiful lake makes you feel as if you’re in a poet’s dream. The peaks of the Karakoram mountain range that surround the region add to the natural beauty of the lake.
What are the best things to do in Hunza?
Hunza is known for its natural beauty and rich culture. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Pakistan and offers a wide range of activities, including treks, climbing, snowboarding and skiing. The region is home to some of the highest mountains in the world.
One of the best things about Hunza is that it has no shortage of things to see or do! Here are some highlights:
- Visit Baltit Fort – this historic fort was built by Sultan Muhammed Shah. from 1556-1595 as his summer palace during his reign over Baltistan. It’s located at an elevation of 3100 meters above sea level making it easy to find but not easy to reach! If you have time on your hands then definitely make sure this place makes it onto your itinerary as well!
- Gulmit Village – Gulmit Village (aka ‘The Valley Of Flowers’) has got some pretty amazing views. Which are definitely worth checking out while visiting Hunza and I mean who doesn’t want a picture perfect photo opportunity? With all these amazing opportunities available at every turn how could anyone say no?
- Eagle’s Nest– This place is located at the top and gives an eagle’s eye view of the whole Hunza valley. People come here to witness the sunrise or the sunset as at both times the views are breathtaking. From here the famous mountain “ladyfinger” and “Rakaposhi” are also sighted.
Which places are famous for food in Hunza?
Hunza is famous for its delicious food. There are many places where you can eat and enjoy the best of Hunza’s cuisine. Some places are known for their breakfast, others are known for their lunch, and some offer both. The following is a list of the most popular restaurants in Hunza:
- The Sheer Heights Café (a favorite among locals) serves fresh milkshakes, juices, coffees, pastries and other snacks that will satisfy any sweet tooth. There’s also an outdoor seating area with views of the surrounding mountains so you can enjoy your meal while soaking up some Vitamin D from one of the best sunrises on Earth!
- Café de Hunza– A small café situated in heart of Karimabad Hunza. It is world-famous for its Walnut Cake which is its specialty. It has vast breakfast options with all the traditional and modern food for the tourists.
Which place is known for shopping in Hunza?
There are many shopping places in Hunza. The most famous market is Karimabad. It’s a place where you can find the best quality of goods and it’s also the main market of Hunza. If you want to buy something, go to Karimabad as it’s easily accessible from all parts of Hunza Valley.
The blog post will give all tourists a basic idea of what they can see and where they can visit.
Hunza is a beautiful place where there are many great things to do and see. You can go on a trip along with your family or friends for some fun time travel in high mountains, lakes and glaciers. There are also lots of things for shopping lovers as well as food lovers. All these makeup Hunza as one hell of a tourist attraction!
Hunza is a beautiful valley with scenic beauty. Hunza offers the perfect blend of history and culture. The people of Hunza are very friendly and welcoming domestic and international tourists. With so much to see and do, you will want to make sure that you plan ahead before traveling! If you still have questions, you can contact rahgeer.pk for guidance for getting a holistic experience.